Hey there lovely, my name is Nat! Below are some key things you should know about me and how I practice:
- I work in clinical dietetics practice under “Health By Whole Foods”, with primary focus and interest in gut health, “adrenal fatigue” (medically known as HPA-axis dysregulation), thyroid conditions, female hormones and helping women to build a healthy relationship with food and their body.
- I work part-time in a technical education role for a leading Australian nutraceutical company where I help other health care practitioners treat a variety of conditions using targeted dietary and supplementation protocols. I spend many of my days buried in research papers!
- You can also find me over at I Quit Sugar (by Sarah Wilson) as a contributor to their blogs and as an 8-Week Program expert.
- For those of you that prefer audio learning, I also run a fortnightly podcast called “The Holistic Nutritionists” with my lovely friend Kate Callaghan. We love discussing relevant nutrition and lifestyle content, and sometimes (always) you’ll discover that my brain-mouth filter provides very amusing moments!
- I hold a Bachelors Degree (Honours) in Nutrition and Dietetics
- I hold a Certificate 3 as a Fitness Instructor
- I regularly complete professional development in the area of nutrition and complementary medicine to ensure I am continuing to bring the most up to date, informed and well-rounded care to my clients and audience
- Have completed the ASCIA Anaphylaxis e-Training Course.
Beyond all those fancy descriptions I am simply a small woman with a big heart and an even bigger passion for health and wellbeing.
My passion, like many in this industry, was born out of my own health struggles. I have a long history of multiple health issues, from an 8 year long battle with an eating disorder, to parasite infections, infertility issues, abnormal weight fluctuations, thyroid issues, “adrenal fatigue” (medically known as HPA-axis dysregulation), “IBS”, food intolerances, hypothalamic amenorrhea and depression. I don’t tell you this to win sympathy votes because, let’s face it, we all go through our own battles in life. I tell you this because I am grateful for my struggles. Not only have these experiences helped me become a more informed and knowledgeable practitioner, but they’ve made me genuinely aware of the emotional toll that any and all of these conditions can have on us as women.
They have also made me aware of how much people don’t know and how much there is to know about the power that individualised nutritional planning, supplementation and movement protocols can have on healing the body and getting you to a place of vitality, happiness and health. I know that that might sound like a far cry from your current circumstances, and I can often relate to the sense of desperation and overwhelm that some of my clients feel. But don’t give up hope and don’t stop seeking answers to your health problems!
My mission in life is to empower you, yes you, not to accept feeling anything other than your best. My mission is to show you the power that real food, smart supplementation, quality sleep, stress management, appropriate movement and spiritual wellbeing can have in transforming your life from the inside out and back in again!
So welcome to my tribe. Welcome to a place where you will be given the opportunity to learn about your body, your mind, your health and your spiritual gangster within to transform your life into that of a fulfilling journey. Mind, body, and spirit. It all counts.